2/24/2013

Risotto with Royal Shrimps

Risotto, my favorite meal for Saturday lunch!

Persons: 2
Preparation time: 30 min
Cook time: 20 min

Ingredients: 
2 glasses of rice
10/15 Royal Shrimps
Oil
Half onion
Butter
Salt
Stock

Steps: 
  1. Cook in a deep pan oil and half onion cut in pieces for 1 min.
  2. Then, add the shrimps, the rice and salt and stir for 1 more min.
  3. Add the stock, a 1/2 cup at a time, stir and wait for most of the stock to be absorbed before adding the next 1/2 cup.
  4. Once the rice is cooked (approximately 20 min) add a teaspoon of butter. 
  5. Let it cook for 1 more minute. 
  6. Let stand the rice in the pan (without stir) for 2/3 min.

3 comments:

le sole said...

I do not like the risotto! but this says ... Eat me! I absolutely want try it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Martina. Why is the risotto yellow? Have you used saffron? Nice blog. Katie

Unknown said...

Hi Katie, no I didn't use saffron, even if I think it could be a nice idea ;) I used a vegetables stock, the colour should come out from it ;)